Friday, July 01, 2005

the beach. yeah. great. i gotta go.

My girlfriend got back from her vacation today. Which is good, because I was getting really sick of hearing about how much fun she was having.

It's not that I don't want her to have a good time while I'm slaving away at the books. It's just that I don't want to hear about it.

Speaking of slaving away, if you've spoken to me this week, you've probably heard me use the phrase, "hitting the wall", or "spinning my wheels", or "that pizza place next to Ralph's is hiring". So today I drag myself to BarBri for Essay Workshop #3. Before the guy on the tape began to guide us through a Crim Pro essay, he said, "some of you may feel like you've hit a wall, like you're just spinning your wheels."

He then said, "if this applies to you, here's what you should do... Go home, watch a couple episodes of The Sopranos and rearrange your bedroom."

No? Well, it was implied.