Saturday, June 04, 2005

for your information, the supreme court has roundly rejected prior restraint. i'm stayin. finishin' my coffee.

Friggin' Con Law.

All I ever hear is how Con Law (short for Constitutional Law) is the easiest subject on the MBE. Yet I am consistently tanking the intermediate level problems with scores in the mid-50's. This could be for one of three reasons:

1. I'm making stupid mistakes because I'm stressed,
2. My Con Law professor was so intense and old-school Paper Chase-style that I spent the entire semester only concerned with not getting yelled at. Thus I never really learned it in the first place
3. I'm really not all that smart.

In support of option 3, I submit that I missed one particular question which, according to the explanation, was the issue in Marbury v. Madison.

Marbuy versus friggin' Madison. The case to which every Con Law professor devotes at least a week and a half of lecture. The case which basically created Con Law. And I missed it. That's like an electrical engineer not knowing, I dunno, like, subtraction.