Monday, August 21, 2006

what are the haps my friends?

Alright, let's do this.

The Fleeg has thrown down the gauntlet, and I suppose that supplied the final smidge of motivation necessary to face the blank accusing stare of the Blogger screen.

Today is my birthday, and I am back in God's country, my homeland of Lubbock, Texas. This post will be short, in part because there is no reason to expend significant creative energy until everyone realizes that I hath returned, but also because the Hoover Trinity is about to partake in my birtday meal.

But inquiring bloggers want to know - so before I depart, here are the answers to your questions:

1. Being a lawyer is going just fine. Except for the fact that I am mostly incompetent and commit malpractice on an almost daily basis.

2. Yes, there is a new lady interest. Her name is Jacquelyn. Fleeg and I will be starting a fraternal organization called "Geeks with Disproportionately Hot Girlfriends."

3. Yes, we're still working on that church in Compton. I'll post some pictures. It's coming along nicely, and the end is in sight.

4. I am not dead.

5. I still love you. And you. Yes, and you.

6. The appropriate birthday present would be a gift card to any fine tobacco establishment.

Leave me some validation in the comments. Otherwise I might shrink back into the cold night of Blog obsolesence.