Thursday, May 18, 2006

the man with two homes

I must apologize for the lack of posting lately. I've been in Texas for the last few days, and I shudder at the thought of posting from Big Jer's lowly PC. It just feels wrong. But so does going a week without posting. So here goes.

West Texas is lovely. There's no traffic and the skies are blue, which makes it the perfect vacation spot for a Southern California resident. Although at the moment, it looks as though it is about to rain. But even that is wonderful in itself, as I enjoy the prospect of precipitation that isn't comprised mostly of liquid smog.

So what do I do on these pilgrimages to my homeland? As little as possible. Lots of intentional sitting and doing of nothing. I have gotten out of the house on a few occasions. The Fleeg and I enjoyed a smoke at the usual place - the lounge area of a local restaurant that I feel would be worthy of Ol' Blue Eyes himself. Fleeg enjoyed one of the old standards, a Montecristo No. 2, while I ventured out with the CAO CX2.

I also had a delightful lunch with Pink, who I recruited to be an intern for Pierpoint this summer. Look for plenty of hijinks involving her and the rest of the Halo slaves, I mean, "interns" as the summer progresses.

And I suppose there's no sense in being coy about it - the Bar results come out tomorrow. I'm stressed to the max at this point. My hair is falling out, my eyelids are twitching, and I think I've developed an ulcer.

So all of you Hoover lovers and haters check back tomorrow night to find out whether I'll be getting sworn in or just swearing.