Friday, February 03, 2006

next to nothin' on my mind

It's good to be back in Huntington. It was nice in the mountains, but the driving irritates me. I'm from West Texas, so I like long, straight roads. None of this winding and down-shifting. It's too much like playing Gran Turismo and I hate that game.

And I'm not at all sure what is up with you, my dear readers. There was a day when I could write a post speaking ill of our Campaigner-in-Chief and get 50 comments from everybody and their dads within 48 hours. All I got this time was Hester, saying... well I'm not sure what Hester was trying to say, but I'm assuming he was in disagreement.

And for today, studying had to take a backseat to laundry. Luckily, I have Matt Chandler sermon/podcasts to keep me company during hours of folding, endless folding.

And I really got nothin' else. I did get the shortest haircut of my life yesterday. A no-guard faded into a 1-guard. That's an equation for no hair. But thanks to the wonders of stress-related hair loss (telogen effluvium), it was all falling out anyway, so there's not much net loss. But I look really tough. I have a small scar above my left ear - the origins of which are unbeknownst to me. But it contributes to the toughness. It's probably from a bar fight. Most of my scars of indeterminate origins are from bar fights. Or bull riding. Or duels.

Ok, now I really got nothing. I just thought it had been a few days, so I'd better put up a new post for you to not comment on.

Oh yeah, the Bar is in less than 3 weeks. Lovely. I think I'd better reserve my hotel room in Ontario. For July.