Friday, January 27, 2006

sequester

And thanks to the OJ trial, everybody knows what that word means.

For the next few days, I am sequestered in a cozy cabin - nestled in the mountains above Big Bear Lake. Life is rough, I know. Rhonda's grandparents own this sweet pad, and because they find me to be a trustworthy and genuinely pleasant fellow, it will be my Fortress of Studytude for the next few days. Faithful in little = Faithful in much.

But before I start cranking out some serious learnage, I just wanted to say one thing:

Hey, Oprah. SHUT IT!

Yeah, lying is a bad thing. Thanks for reminding us. I don't know what we'd do without you to remind us of basic principles of morality.

You know what else is a bad thing? Pride. Like, I don't know... maybe naming a magazine after yourself and emblazoning every cover with your portrait. Yes, pride. We've all seen Se7en, and we all know it's just as bad as lying. The Morgan Freeman - he does not tell the lies.