Friday, March 28, 2008

round we go

It's the middle of the work day, and yet I find that I must stop the billable hour clock and sing unto you the song of my dismay.

Phase 1: "Hoovesq! Give us a list of cases that say [legalese] so that we may put it in our motion."

So I do the research and provide the requested list of cases that plainly say [legalese].

Phase 2: "Hoovesq! This is just a list of cases! We need a memo! With full citations and case briefings and analysis!"

Ugh. Ok. Research research. Typety typety. Here you go. A memo.

Phase 3: Hoovesq! This memo is good, but what we really need is a list of cases for our motion. Can you pull a list of cases from your memo?"

Please tell me you're joking. You're not joking, are you?

Sigh. Yeah, I'll get right on that. Would you like a memo while I'm at it?