Sunday, December 05, 2004

i got your discovery. right here.

Ah, it's that time of year again. Sadly, I refer not to the magical season of ecumenical harmony known as Chrismukkah, but to Law School Finals. They do take quite the chunk of time out of my schedule of fighting The Man.

And despite what may be implied by the preceeding post, I have managed to get respectable amounts of studying in between getting caught up on the Oliver saga and making predictions about Lindsey being Caleb's daughter. It kind of comes in waves. For example: last Sunday, 8 hours. Today... like, an eighth of an hour.

Here's the tournament line-up:

Thursday, December 9th, 2:30 EST: Texas Pre-trial Procedure. Multiple choice and short answer. This test could very easily slap my grandma. It's completely "closed book", which is somewhat rare in law school. Most classes will at least let you cart in a statutory supplement, or the professor will provide a small packet of relevant statutes. Oh well. How hard can it be to memorize the first 300 code provisions of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure? I'm really going to need those in California anyway.

Friday, December 10th, 9:30 EST: Banking Law. So far, I've been as serious for studying for this course as I was about taking the class in the first place. Not a good equation. Open book. Can I squeeze 30 PowerPoint presentations worth of notes into the five blank pages in the supplement?

Wednesday, December 15th, 9:30 EST: International Business Transactions. 3 essay questions. I really haven't studied for this one much at all. But, with five foreign students and one MBA student in the class, I'm already at the top of the curve. I will postpone wiggin' out about this test until after Banking Law.

Friday, December 17th, TBD: Elder Law. It's a paper course, so the final will just consist of e-mailing our professor the paper. Susan and I have written what is possibly the most despicably, lamentably, nauseatingly boring paper in the history of the Western legal system. Compared to this paper, the FCC article is like snorting cocaine. It makes Ben Stein sound like Chris Tucker. Local health care facility protocol promulgated under the authority of the Texas Health and Safety Code DNR protocol. We wrote like, six pages about that. And you thought I was exaggerating.

And then I'll be done, at which point I will fire up a Fuente Fuente OpusX Perfecxion No. 2 that's been marinating in the humidor for a couple of months. And this will usher in a delightful Chrismukkah break, which will consist of playing Metroid Prime 2 and not much else. Oy Joy!